Jeremiah’s Inn has a 29 bed Transitional Social Model
Program that serves adult men.
Social Model Residential Recovery Program
Jeremiah’s Inn has a 29 bed Social Model Recovery Program for men. This is a program of experiential learning that is peer oriented. Everyone gives and receives help. Residents in this program work with their case manager to develop individual service plans that give focus to their efforts. The residents share rooms, receive meals, have access to clothing, and participate in programs and services that move them closer to their goals.
Participants contribute $10 per day for program fees which help offset the cost of the program. In most cases we are able to accept food stamps as a method of payment for program fees. We also have a Resident Work Program in which 4 residents are able to receive assistance with program fees if they are having financial difficulty.
- 18 years and older
- Clean and sober for at least 30 days prior to admission
- Stable medical and mental health status
- Substance abuse/misuse diagnosis
- Massachusetts resident
- Willingness to change your life, desire to stay clean
- Priority population: Section 35 & criminal justice referrals
- Click here for our Admissions Criteria (.pdf)
- What is a Social Model Program – please read this to determine if this model is right for you (click here)
1. The Residential Program Application:
- Online form here
- For a printable application, click here: Application, Admission Criteria, Application Requirements.
2. Submit a recent bio psych-social evaluation, no more than 6 months old and with a diagnosis of substance abuse/misuse disorder.
3. Photocopy of identification, preferably with a photo.
- Return applications via fax: (508)-793-9568 or mail to: Jeremiah’s Inn, 1059 Main Street, PO Box 30035, Worcester, MA 01603.
- In some cases, applicant’s criminal record may be evaluated.
- Applications will not be processed until all the required paper work is received.
- Applications are reviewed by the case management team. If approved, the next step is an interview. Interviews may take place in person or over the phone. After a successful interview, applicants are placed on the waiting list. No one is added to the waiting list until they have been interviewed by Jeremiah’s Inn staff.
- Former residents who are reapplying must pay any past-due program fees before their application will be considered.
- We recommend applicants call within one week of submitting the application to check on its status.
- Applications are closed after 30 days of inactivity.
- We recommend applicants and referral agencies to read our resident manual (here pdf).
To check on the status of your application, call:
- 508-755-6403 TDY: 508-459-3248
We are not a homeless shelter. If you are seeking shelter, please visit these sites: