Get InvolvedResidential Program Fundraising
Since 2000, over 700,000 Americans have died from drug overdoses.
Out of people with co-occurring disorders and addiction, 52.5% don’t receive treatment for either condition.
Poison control centers report that 5,300 children were accidentally exposed to heroin and fentanyl in 2018.
In 2019, there were 1,967 confirmed opioid-related overdose deaths and DPH estimates that there will be an additional 39 to 68 deaths. In the first nine months of 2020, there were 1,141 confirmed opioid-related overdose deaths. Preliminary data during this period indicate that there were 1,517 confirmed and estimated opioid related overdose deaths, an estimated 33 more deaths compared with the first nine months of 2019.
Among the 1,878 opioid-related overdose deaths in 2019 where a toxicology screen was also available, 1,749 of them (93%) had a positive screen result for Fentanyl, a synthetic opiate 50 -100 times stronger than heroin. In 2019, heroin or likely heroin was present in approximately 24% of opioid-related overdose deaths according to the Mass.gov website.
THANK YOU for becoming a fundraiser for Jeremiah’s Inn!
Create your free, customizable fundraising page on our Kindful platform by clicking below. You can even create a whole fundraising team if you’d like! Here are some ideas to help you get going:
- Celebrate a birthday, anniversary, recovery milestone, or holiday – ask for donations instead of gifts
- Start a fundraising challenge for your school or workplace
- Achieve your personal athletic goals (e.g. running a marathon) while raising money and awareness for those who struggle with SUD
- Honor those currently in treatment or survivors of overdose
- Memorialize a loved one – ask for donations in lieu of cards and flowers
- Participate in Recovery Month (every September)
Celebrate and honor those who have been affected by Substance Use Disorder (SUD) by hosting real-life or virtual events or rallying family members, friends, and colleagues through an online campaign to increase SUD awareness. Feel free to use our video and any of the other tools and information provided to get the word out about your fundraiser and the work we do at Jeremiah’s Inn. Share widely on all of your social platforms and invite others to share on thier pages.
Get In Touch
1059 Main St., Worcester, MA 01603